Connect your Garmin account to Livelox
This guide describes how you connect an account from Garmin's application Garmin Connect with your Livelox account. By doing do, routes that you record with your Garmin GPS watch will automatically be synchronized with Livelox when they are uploaded to Garmin Connect.
If you already have connected your Garmin account to Strava we recommend that you connect your Strava account directly to Livelox instead of connecting your Garmin account to Livelox.
How to do it
- You record a route with your GPS watch from Garmin.
- When the recording is finished, make sure that it synchronizes to Garmin Connect. You can do that on your mobile device or desktop computer. Read more how to do it at Garmin.
- Garmin Connect sends your route to Livelox. It is ready after a few seconds.
- Livelox does its best to connect the route to a class in a Livelox event (training or competition) based on the geography of the route and any uploaded start times or results. If the route is not automatically connected you can edit the route under My activities and connect it to the right class.
In order for it to work, you need:
- A GPS watch from Garmin.
- A Livelox account.
- A Garmin account. If you don’t have one you can create an account for free.
To set up an account
- Go to your account settings in Livelox.
- Under Connections to external applications, click on the button Edit settings for Garmin.
- Click Connect to Garmin.
- You will be redirected to Garmin Connect, where you have to approve that Livelox is connected to Garmin. To do so click the Agree button. You might have to log in to your Garmin account first.
A few things to note:
- The routes that you recorded before you connected Garmin to Livelox are not synchronized to Livelox. Such routes need to be uploaded via a file in Garmin Connect or Livelox.
- Routes that are deleted or changed in Garmin Connect after they have been transferred to Livelox won't automatically be updated in Livelox. You have to edit/delete them in Livelox as well. This is a feature that unfortunately is missing in Garmin's API.
- All routes will be transferred to Livelox, even the ones marked private in Garmin Connect. Garmin's API doesn't contain information about route privacy.